Saturday, February 25, 2012

No Sugar


Just checking in to see how the "No Sugar" rule is going for you all.
If you have done this challenge before or cut out sugar in the past my guess is that each time you do it you find it easier and the sugar withdrawals to be less prevalent.

A few years ago I went off sugar for about 6 months straight as part of a weight loss journey. I couldn't believe how easy it became to say no to sugar as time went by and that the cravings were gone BUT I was also disappointed to find how QUICKLY the cravings came back once I decided to break my no sugar streak and indulge in some chocolate.

I was thinking about that today as I was coming off of a Free Day yesterday, I found myself grabbing for something sweet and then catching myself just in time. I seem to only have this problem THE DAY AFTER I have just had a free day. Anyone else know what I am talking about?

But what I love about that is it is a reminder to me of why exactly I cut sugar out in the first place...it is addicting, and once I start, well....I just cant stop. It is easier for me to just not have that first bite at all, then to just have one bite and be done with it.
I'm a bit of an all or nothing kind of girl!


Speaking of NO SUGAR, I read a really great article today on the benefits of cutting sugar out of your diet...

Check it out

http://www.livestrong.com/article/490986-what-does-cutting-sugar-out-from-your-diet-do/


And hang in there people you are almost half way there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment