Monday, July 18, 2011

Need some dinner ideas?

Grilled Chicken!



At the start of the week, grill some chicken breasts. I have a small family and a freezer full of HUGE chicken breasts.  3 chicken breasts fed my entire family 3 dinners!  *Side note - my chicken breasts are about the size of 2 normal ones that you'd pick up at the store.  Again, they are HUGE.

Dinner #1
Serve chicken breasts with brown rice or other whole grain side (I LOVE Cous Cous) and a grilled veggie or salad.

Dinner #2
One of my favorite tacos, which are totally "challenge worthy", Chicken Tacos al Carbon.  You can get these at El Pollo Loco for $1, and again, they are totally legal!  Or you can make your own...

  • Chop up 1 or 2 of your previously grilled chicken breasts and reheat.
  • Lightly warm some corn tortillas.  The above picture shows the taco with 2 tortillas - don't do that.  Just use 1.
  • Assemble your tacos (chicken in tortilla) and add toppings.  Onions and cilantro are shown, but I like to add avocado, salsa, and a squirt of lime.
Dinner #3
Chicken salad!  We love Mexican in my family, so our chicken salad of choice is always taco style.  To make it "Challenge worthy" for myself, I used romaine, my remaining chopped chicken, this topping from our recipe blog, and lots of squeezed lime for moisture.  You could add salsa and sour cream, but I wanted to enjoy all the healthy tastes that were hitting my taste buds so I chose to skip those.

Another favorite salad of our is to do it Greek style with red onions, peppers, olives, tomatoes, pickled beets, Feta cheese, and fresh squeezed lemon...


It was so convenient and easy to have those grilled chicken breasts in my fridge to use in my meals last week...  I think I'm going to do it every week!  Grilled chicken is so versatile and so delicious!  If you have any other ideas for what you can do with leftover grilled chicken, please leave a comment!!

No comments:

Post a Comment